About Me

My photo
JLynn has been in the Art, Craft & Jewelry industry for over 30 years ~ promoting creativity through Education and Media. As a published designer, JLynn is known for her colorful Art, Artisan Jewelry, Altered ART Wood Tiles. Online since 2004, a former eBay Power Seller, on Etsy, and Amazon. Family, Art, Nature and Kaleidoscopes are some of her inspirations

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Feeling the Holiday Spirit?

Wow...the days are just flying by for me!  It's not that I've been neglecting my new blog...it's just that the days have been so busy, I haven't had time to stop and think - much less write.  Well - this morning I'm taking a quick break to fill you in on some special creations - as well as - NEWS from J-Lynn Jewels!

First off - I really enjoy designing and creating special pieces for my customers...and I will definitely keep accepting custom orders for as long as I can!  Just yesterday I completed a few - one of which was an Expression Necklace (picture below that was for a local couple) - these come in a variety of themes (support, causes, hobbies, sports, family & lots more) - they look absolutely fabulous on too with the sparkle of Swarovski Crystals, charm dangles and Sterling Silver of course.  It's touching to hear all the stories about who the gifts are for...and the meaning behind them :)

AND...the most exciting news to date for me - for the firt time ever I submitted several new designs to BEAD TRENDS magazine before Thanksgiving.  Well...I recently learned that FOUR of my designs will be featured in the May, 2011 print publication/magazine!  So today between orders, I'll be finalizing the supply lists and instructions in order to share these beautiful inspirational pieces with you in the Spring!  You'll have the choice of ordering something similar from me...or if you're a fellow designer, creating something similar for yourself :).   I look forward to sharing the details and PHOTOS with you when I'm given the green light from Bead Trends!

Lastly...I'll definitely be working right up to Christmas Eve LOL...however, usually by the 23rd I'm focused solely on the special ladies in my immediate family.  I have lots of fun coming up with something that matches an outfit or possibly some clothing pieces they may be receiving ;).  With special designs and creations running through my mind - I just had to share some designs that feature amazing focal pieces from some of my Artisan friends.  Unfortunately, I don't have room or time to list them all - but these three are special...and I currently have several unfinished projects on my design table featuring their work. They are...Marie of MoreSkyeJewels (Wood focal tiles), Amanda of Searshore Glass (Boro Beads), and Martha of Menagerie Studio who creates these beautiful shabby chic style focal pieces.  Here's a picture of a gorgeous heart necklace I completed last week (focal piece from Menagerie Studio).

Well - keep up the holiday spirit and enjoy all the little and big to-do's that you are doing (or in my case a long list of things yet to be done...like Christmas Cards and finishing up my shopping!).
Keep WARM if it's cold where you are...and if it's NOT cold...well - please don't brag about it ok?
Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! All comments are reviewed prior to publishing - thanks for your patience and understanding :)