About Me

My photo
JLynn has been in the Art, Craft & Jewelry industry for over 30 years ~ promoting creativity through Education and Media. As a published designer, JLynn is known for her colorful Art, Artisan Jewelry, Altered ART Wood Tiles. Online since 2004, a former eBay Power Seller, on Etsy, and Amazon. Family, Art, Nature and Kaleidoscopes are some of her inspirations

Friday, November 6, 2015

Making Time for the Good Stuff!

 Forget Me Not ART Tile Necklace
A necklace I created in memory of my Dad, which was published in Belle Armoire Magazine a few years ago.

 Taking time for the little and big things this past year...
I started 2015 out with a goal to create a better balance
Creating - Painting - Designing - 
and more time to relax and enjoy life

Of course, Life doesn't always go as we planned…
It can be busy and full of surprises - and 
then throw a few curve balls when you're least expecting it.

As some of you know my MIL was diagnosed with NHL (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) last Summer.  She went through surgery, then 5-6 rounds of Chemo...but the cancer was stubborn...so she had to undergo Radiation treatments (5x a week for 5 weeks or so…). Cancer is tough - and I think we are constantly redefining and renewing our faith in the word hope & believe.

During Chemo Rounds - I always had a little pick-me-up gift after each treatment - and we all wore Green Wrist bands with the words "No-one Fights Alone" - however, with the radiation treatments - I felt something a little more substantial was in order…hence the need to create a Cancer Boot Kickin' Necklace (featuring an awesome Ceramic Boot by Gaea, Czech glass bead, and all Vintaj Natural findings/chain.  Although it's a relatively simple design, it is still a very time consuming one with the involved fringe which I designed to help sooth the nerves and thoughts - and to keep my MILs fingers and hands busy while staying still.  It's definitely a substantial Talisman Necklace

I think I said Cancer was tough...and sometimes stubborn...
After a couple months "off", we learned that there is still a stubborn area of Cancer...which means another Surgery soon for my MIL...
so please keep her in your thoughts & prayers.  

In case you didn't realize…creation for me, comes from the heart - so in everything I do…there is meaning behind it - a story of sorts - and a reason for creating what I did - heartfelt symbolism born out of the happy and tough stuff.

The best philosophy for me and life is…
Focus on the things you have control over…and let the rest go :)

~JLynn


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! All comments are reviewed prior to publishing - thanks for your patience and understanding :)