About Me

My photo
JLynn has been in the Art, Craft & Jewelry industry for over 30 years ~ promoting creativity through Education and Media. As a published designer, JLynn is known for her colorful Art, Artisan Jewelry, Altered ART Wood Tiles. Online since 2004, a former eBay Power Seller, on Etsy, and Amazon. Family, Art, Nature and Kaleidoscopes are some of her inspirations

Monday, October 31, 2011

Peculiar...odd...Lucky???

This past Saturday, we had a very odd October occurence here in Maryland...it snowed.  Crazy I know...Weathermen were saying to expect 1-3"...then 2-4" and I think at one point we were in a higher accumulation area - but you see the little town I live in, likes to "escape"...and escape we did this time around!  It doesn't always happen, but fortunately for us - all we got was a lot of sleet, wind, rain and then some pretty snow.

Saturday is definitely a day we won't forget - not just for the snow...but it was also the day my husband and I were taking our Daughter to her #1 College choice for an Open House (and despite the weather - the Open House went on as planned).  However, instead of walking around campus on a beautiful Fall day, it wound up to be shuttle transportation in the sleet and ice lol.  However, everyone was in high spirits, and I have to say it will be a day that we will not forget (and I mean that in all the good ways).

Now our trip to the College was about an hours drive each way...and I was totally bummed when I realized I forgot my camera.  But it was probably just as well, because I don't think my husband would have stopped along side the Interstate while I hopped out to get a picture...lol....but take my word for it - there were long stretches of some glorious trees in tri-color peek that were just so much more prettier because of the snow!

I did catch this shot when I got home though...my metal Pumpkin Twirlers...on my front porch with our Red Maple Tree in the background...

About a week ago, the Maple Tree lost the majority of its leaves in a pretty heavy rain and wind storm...but there were a few die-hard vibrant red leaves hanging on for this photo...with the snow on the branches and covering the ground - you can see how it made the colors POP!

Now, as I was taking these photos from the front porch...I had a visitor fly in to say hello - seriously...he started chirping like crazy to get my attention and then "posed".  Some things you just know...and with that first chirp and glimpse of red...I knew in a heartbeat, that it was my "Lucky"...the baby Cardinal from this past summer!  You see, although he is just as big as his Pappa...he still has a little bit of brown left along his back and he has a different look to his eyes.  I know him because I've been watching him since he hatched (literally). 

Now if you are new to my blog, or do not remember "Lucky" - then take a moment and read the quick picture story called the "Cardinal Chronicles" from this past June...

Here's Lucky in all his glory - vibrant red against the beautiful snow, perched up high in our Maple Tree.

And another fun shot...
Just as Lucky was getting ready to take off in flight...
~ he seemed to freeze in place for a split second...
and although it's not a perfectly in focus shot...I LOVE - his sweet little face...
and how that misty, strong gust of snow & wind was captured...

So...yes snow in October was an oddity...as was attending a Fall College Open House in the sleet and snow...but the best thing about this peculiar day?  Is all these lasting memories...

Speaking of which...if you haven't joined in the fun before with our "PHOTO INSPIRATION" contests on Facebook and our Blog - join us!  This is strictly a fun contest - and this time around themed around Fall & Winter and the timeless memories we create.  New photos are being added to our "viewable" photo album here:
and...to enter - simply upload your photos at our:
 Photo Inspiration EVENT TAB on Facebook (or email me with your jpgs)

Deadline for photo entries is 11/1/11 as 12midnight (although we allowed for a 6 hour grace period with all the time zones which means until 6am EST)...

VOTING will take place 11/2 through 11/6 and PRIZES and WINNERs will be announced on 11/6 :)

Hope you have a fun last day of October!
~J-Lynn

  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! All comments are reviewed prior to publishing - thanks for your patience and understanding :)