About Me

My photo
JLynn has been in the Art, Craft & Jewelry industry for over 30 years ~ promoting creativity through Education and Media. As a published designer, JLynn is known for her colorful Art, Artisan Jewelry, Altered ART Wood Tiles. Online since 2004, a former eBay Power Seller, on Etsy, and Amazon. Family, Art, Nature and Kaleidoscopes are some of her inspirations

Friday, December 30, 2011

Do you have...?

a missing piece like me???

Life is like a puzzle...so take the time to place your "pieces"
 and appreciate all the different colors and pictures!

 
Puzzles symbolize a "falling into place" - but like the above picture...why do we need to finish it?  Isn't it kind of fun to have one piece "missing"?  That way, it's like we get to keep trying to solve the puzzle...and along the way appreciate all the mysteries and "coming togethers" in our lives.

Speaking of mysteries...this time of year is full of them!  For me, it's an exciting time because each day is like an unwrapped present throughout the entire year. Right now, we are in that passage of time, where you can almost feel the positive energy bouncing around.  All of these things make me a wee bit anxious - but in a good, optimistic way.  It also makes me think of Oprah Winfrey's saying of "Cheers to the New Year...and another chance to get it right"!  Remember - whatever chance you need...it's yours for the taking.  Consider the New Year a blank canvas or clean slate to start filling day by day ~ we just need to make each one count!

For my family and I...the week after Christmas is a winding down and a getting ready to rev those engines for the New Year.  Everyone is home...and everyone has something that they enjoy doing that's somewhat of a personal tradition.   For me, it's reading...and for my husband it's doing jig-saw puzzles and Bowl Games.  But Let me back up for a quick minute...and say that Christmas is a time of giving - and I LOVE to give (especially gifts that have meaning).  The puzzle my husband put together (NYC shown above)...was a surprise gift for him from me.  You see over the summer, we took a day trip to the big apple and had a blast!  So when I was walking through my local mall and saw that puzzle...I grabbed it up quick.  This gift is a reminder of that perfect summer day when we visited the Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, Bryant Park, Trump Towers, many other places, and of course Time Square.  It certainly wasn't an expensive gift - but it was absolutely the PERFECT GIFT...

Gift wise...most of my favorite gifts are the ones that do not cost a fortune...or have a designer tag attached to them.  To be honest...sometimes I think people get caught up in spending or keeping up with the Jones'...that they truly forget about the true meaning of Christmas - as well as giving something from the heart, something handmade...or something that's simple but holds a wealth of meaning.  Each year I try to create something special from hand.  Aside from the obvious ~ designing jewelry (which typically winds up as a stocking stuffer)...this year I created these pretty cool magnets.  It's a spin on decoupage using glass cabochons (half domed)...and it was group project...I did the decoupage, sealing...and my husband applied the magnet and wrapped them for gift giving. Together we made 55 magnets for a total of 11 sets (phewwww...)


We also were in a predicament of not knowing what to do for several family members...my Brother-in-law only wanted an Apple Class...my niece was saving money for a school trip...So we made them both "Money" Frames - here's a picture of my nieces...

We'd love to see your gift creations - if you made any...tell us all about them!  Or if you're a fan of ours on Facebook (J-Lynn Jewels) feel free to share a picture.   And...if you had some favorite gifts that you received - well, I'd be curious to hear about that too!  

As for me...2011 was a year of so many positive blessings, some tough times, as well as some heartache with the passing of my Sister in November.  So this year, I would have to say that my first favorite gift is an intangible one...and that is having another year to create memories with my family...and seeing my children another year older and all that goes with it (and no, I don't mind the wrinkles and other signs of aging lol).  

As for the "gifty-tangible-stuff" - I have to confess...that I absolutely LOVE my new pair of Black and Hot Pink Fuzzy Slippers (which if you knew me better you would know that this gift is an "annual" one...you see we have hardwood floors throughout our house which are very good for slipper skating ~ both speed and figure skating lol...).  Since these indoor sports are tough on said slippers, each year I receive a new pair - and no matter what the fuzzy slippers look like...they always make me smile.  This is a picture of me sitting the day after Christmas, after a loooong ride home - finally relaxing in the evening hours :)
My next favorite gifts involved my children...my son gave me a little something I hinted at on a trip to Barnes & Noble - a black scroll letter holder and a small gadget case and matching journal (two of which are pictured here)...

And my daughter gave me my favorite scented candles from Yankee Candle - and this very special gift with one of my favorite sayings "Live, Love, Laugh"...what a beautiful trio of votive holders which in my eclectic styling...will be used to house some special beads and components in my Studio/Office :)

My point in sharing?  One doesn't need to spend a lot to make a big impact...gifts from the heart that are carefully chosen out with thoughts of that person - are the most meaningful.

You know this evening as I sat "pondering" over the last year and the upcoming one...when I noticed a gorgeous sunset happening right outside my window - yes I'm one of those people that get easily distracted...and when I saw it, there was no time to waste, and I literally went running and sliding in my slippers to get my camera.  After I snapped a bunch of shots...I thought how ironic it was, that the colors revolved around Pantone's Color of the Year for 2012 "Tangerine Tango" ...along with a few other colors from the 2012 trendy colors!  It was such a breathtaking moment in time - that I personally took this as a sign of all the beautiful things that are in store for me in the New Year.  As always...it's the little things in life...and sometimes we just need to stop, and take notice.

So as you sit and ponder your own thoughts for the New Year...think about this...

Years end ~ is neither an end, or a beginning...
but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us
~ Hal Borland

 
SO....
My wish for all of you?
The most merriest day left in December...
Another year of health and happiness...
Faith and Hope to guide you...
Safety in your travels...
An open mind for new experiences...
and most of all...
A loving heart, to share.

HAPPY NEW YEAR just a little bit early!!!
BIG HUGS!  ~J-Lynn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for posting! All comments are reviewed prior to publishing - thanks for your patience and understanding :)