About Me

My photo
JLynn has been in the Art, Craft & Jewelry industry for over 30 years ~ promoting creativity through Education and Media. As a published designer, JLynn is known for her colorful Art, Artisan Jewelry, Altered ART Wood Tiles. Online since 2004, a former eBay Power Seller, on Etsy, and Amazon. Family, Art, Nature and Kaleidoscopes are some of her inspirations

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Reflections...


One of my "Reflection" Photos...and a favorite thought!
Yes - you're all wondering who won the Facebook Give-Away...
and I promise I will share...
but first...just a few words...

This Winter season - has not been "Winter" at all...I have only worn my winter coat once...I have not needed a scarf or gloves...I have walked out to my mailbox in just my socks or slippers...and I have not touched a snow shovel (well that would be true in any case because after having an accident with  my snow shovel last year that required 4 stitches...I've crossed shovels off my list of tools that I can touch lol).  At any rate...this is about the only snow I've seen this year...
I'm kind of bummed about it...
because February is almost over and there is no sign
of any type of possible snowstorm in the immediate future...
The funny thing is...the day I took this picture,
it was almost 70 degrees here in Northern Maryland.
I kid you not...and when I looked out the window thinking...
 Why isn't there any snow???

I received my answer...
This man was cutting down a very tall tree next to our historic walking trail
(the tree had been damaged in a recent storm with high winds...)
Anyways....I said to myself...
"Holy Cow!  I could NEVER do that for a living"
and then I thought - it's a good thing there is no snow or ice for him...
I know it doesn't look very high in this photo, 
but he had to be at least 40-50' up...
LOL...talk about getting up in the world ;)


At any rate...I'm a true believer in "everything happens for a reason"
and I believe the reason why we haven't had snow this year was so that I
could be inspired a bit earlier to design for Summer...
and play in my Sandbox :)
And I did...

Although I'm catching up on a LOT of custom orders (both ART tiles and Jewelry)
I took a creative break and played with some spring and summer colors
and had a BLAST!


I was inspired by summer thoughts and some photos I took over the summer -
Flowers are always an inspiration to me - whether it's for the color, the texture,
or simply because they remind me of good times, people or places.
And combined with Summer thoughts, Margaritas, Fruit and the above photo...
one of the many designs I came up with on a little creative break
was this set "Summer Breezes"


And for those of you that faithfully read my blog...
I have a little surprise sneak peek...
but I'm not going to tell you what it is, because I want you to guess...
Here's a very TINY snippet of my "Announcement" photo...
it's a beautiful teal turquoise like blue isn't it?
And I can't wait to share...
sometime soon...

 You probably won't believe it when you see them either...
but it's a brand new technique and fine art process I developed...
and that's all I'm sharing for now ;)

SO...
I did promise to share the WINNER of our GIVE-AWAY
of the REFLECTION ROSE photograph card...
and
that person is...

LEE RITTER!
Congrats Lee!  Let me know your preference (Earrings or Tile Set/3)
along with your mailing address and I will get them out in the mail to you!
Message me via Facebook, email, Etsy, or my website!

Have a great evening everyone
~JLynn

1 comment:

  1. Janice,
    The weather is crazy one day it is almost 80 and the next after the rain it does not get over 55 here in Alabama. The pendant and earrings are very pretty. I can't wait to see what the mystery teal project is. Congratulations to Lee.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting! All comments are reviewed prior to publishing - thanks for your patience and understanding :)